Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Busy Day

Busy, busy, busy, getting ready for tomorrow. I baked a pie:

Then I baked two more. One pumpkin pie, and two sweet potato pies. And I baked my sweet potato and broccoli casseroles. All I have to do tomorrow is the turkey. The plant gave us a 20 lb turkey this year. The thing is huge! I had to borrow a roasting pan from B, because none of mine were big enough to fit it.

I finally unpinned the kernel scarf.

I am going to give this one to my sister. I got all my sister's family's presents wrapped and packed up to send to them. I couldn't have done it without Squeaky's help.


I thought I was being very clever because I used clothes that Cody's outgrown as packing in the box. Anyway, I drove all the way into town, only to find that the post office had closed at noon. I should have known. I did the exact same thing last year.

Cody gave Jake a bath.

I was supposed to crop Cody out of this photo, but I didn't. Mothers are like that, you know. Jake says, "I don't like this thing called 'bath'."

Rylea says, "Don't even think about it."


Today is Katie's birthday. She would have been 14 years old today. She's been on my mind all day today. I still miss her. She drove me to distraction at times, but she really was the best dog ever.

Happy birthday, Katie. Thirteen years just wasn't enough.

.

1 comment:

Patch said...

Awww, bye Katie. You'll never forget her either; my Lady has been gone for 11 years now and I still think of her most days.

The fact that your heart expanded big enough to share your home with another animal is tribute to how much your girl meant to you.

What is it with cats and containers? LOL