Saturday, November 28, 2009

Water, Water Everywhere

So, I'm sitting here at my computer, watching Lost reruns on Netflix, happily knitting away at my Mystery Shawl when Cody comes in and says, "I'm bored. Let's go play catch." And we go outside and play catch.

While we are out there, I hear a dripping sound coming from under the house. "Oh, no," I groan, fearful that it may be a busted water pipe. We pry a piece of the skirting loose, and I crawl up under the house. Praise be to God, it was not a water pipe. My pressure relief valve on my water heater had gone bad, and it was draining water under the house. Cody and I went and bought a new one, and J installed it when he got home from work.

I figured he'd wait until halftime, but he came on over and did it. Yes, it was the annual Battle of the Boot between LSU and Arkansas. When those two teams meet, it is always an exciting game, and this one was no exception. Arkansas scored late in the game, with like a minute and a half left to take the lead, but LSU came back with a field goal to tie the game and send it into overtime. LSU scored a field goal on their first possession, and it looked as if Arkansas would do the same. But their kicker missed, and LSU won 33-30.

Arkansas v LSU

Mississippi State cleaned Ole Miss' clock in the egg bowl 41-27. Alabama squeaked by Auburn, and Florida won easily against Florida State. Cincinnati, Boise St., and TCU also won, meaning 6 teams finished undefeated in regular season play. This is where it gets really interesting.

No comments: