Sunday, October 19, 2008

Ugly Sunday

It was an ugly Sunday here this weekend. The Cowboys and the Colts both lost--and by identical scores: 34-14, and both to teams they should have beaten. The Colts lost to Green Bay and the Cowboys lost to the Rams Dude. It was not a pretty sight.

The good news is, Cody's band won Grand Champion again at their contest, the Tennessee Valley Invitational in Muscle Shoals, Alabama.

On the knitting front, I finished a charity scarf:

I'm not sure what the yarn is. This is some that Shelly sent me, and it didn't have a label on it. I think it's Red Heart Light and Lofty. The pattern is simple garter stitch. I'd started this one a couple of weeks ago when I was sitting with Aunt Martha. I needed something that I didn't have to pay too much attention to.

Feeling like I was on a roll, I started another:

This yarn also didn't have a label, but I believe it is Lion Brand Homespun. Again, the pattern is simple garter stitch.

I finally broke down and turned the heater on this morning, and Cody said, "Thank you."

I need some hot chocolate.

.

3 comments:

Sus said...

Mmmmm... Hot chocolate...

I know I've said this before, but I'm going to keep saying it: Kudos to you for your charity knitting! I know someone is going to appreciate those scarves so much!!!

Bag Blog said...

Sorry about your football this weekend, but your scarves look great. Congrats to Cody!

Becky G said...

Sus, thanks. It's a little something, but at least it's something.

Thanks, Lou.