Saturday, October 04, 2008

And The Winner Is...

But first, let me show you my Saturday Sky:

It was a beautiful day today, all day. I had my windows open--just don't tell my allergist. I didn't watch much football, though. LSU is on their bye week, and nobody is showing the Texas game. I watched most of the Alabama-Kentucky game, then had to go pick up Cody from his band festival, so I missed the last little bit of it.

Now for the moment you've all been waiting for-- contest results.

First, let me say that I was surprised at how many correct answers I received. You people are smart! So, I took all the names of those who had submitted correct answers, put them into my official Dallas Cowboys sideline hat

stuck my gnarly little hand in

and drew out the name of the grand prize winner.

KJo! Congratulations, you have been e-mailed!

Then I put all the names of those who sent in incorrect answers into the hat

stuck my gnarly hand in again

and drew the winning name for the consolation prize.

Jessica! Congratulations, you have been e-mailed.

There were lots of interesting guesses. I won't get into all of them here, but I almost wish I'd added a prize for the most off the wall answer. Oh well, maybe next time.

Now, before I reveal the correct answer, I'd like to address one of the more common incorrect answers I received. The ad stated that Steve McNair led the Tennessee Titans to their first AFC championship in the team's 40 year history. Many of you had stated that this was in error because the team had won the championship in 1960 and 1961. While the team may have won an AFL championship in the past, this was its first AFC Championship, leading to the team's first Super Bowl appearance. They aren't the same thing, so this isn't an error.

And the moment you've all been waiting for: The correct answer is: (lots of you guessed it right, too)

ELI MANNING IS NOT FROM MISSISSIPPI!

He was born and raised in New Orleans, Louisiana. Unlike the other four men pictured who are actually Mississippians, Eli Manning only went to college in Mississippi.

So there you have it, and that's the end of another contest. Thank you all for playing. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

.

5 comments:

Knit and fall back in it said...

Congrats to the winners! I was so clueless that I couldn't even come up with a wrong answer. :)

Opal said...

OMG. I *so* knew that!!

Congrats to the winner! :-D

Becky G said...

Amy, you still could have entered for the consolation prize!

Opal, I was surprised at how many people knew the answer.

Sus said...

Congratulations to the winners! I was glad to know I figured it out correctly! Of course, I still maintain that the *real* error was that Favre was in the wrong uniform... Hee!!!

Becky G said...

Sus, a lot of people did turn that one in! But when you think that the ads are more than 3 months old, it isn't really an error, just outdated.