Thursday, October 30, 2008

Knitting Knews

Here is the promised picture of the scarf I finished yesterday:

Instead of casting on something new, I went back and picked this one up.


I'd started this several months ago, but set it aside when Shelly requested scarves in manly colors. I'm fresh out of masculine yarn, so I'm going to finish knitting up what I have on hand, then I'll look for manly colors.

I've also cast on a new pair of socks, which I need to get photos of.

Cody came home from school complaining of not feeling well. I took his temperature, and it is slightly elevated. He is supposed to be laying down, but he isn't. I got no sympathy.

2 comments:

Sus said...

What yarn are you using for the scarf you just picked back up? It's really beautiful!

Hope Cody feels better soon -- I'm sure if he'd just lay down like his mama told him, he would. ;o)

Becky G said...

Sus, that is Plymouth Encore Colorspun worsted weight wool/acrylic blend. There is no color name, but the number is 7990. I agree, it is pretty yarn. Shelly had a bunch of yarn donated to the charity, and I agreed that if she sent me some, I would knit it into scarves to send back to her. That's where it came from. I've never seen that type locally.