Friday, October 17, 2008

At Last

The long awaited first pictures of Mystic Waters:

I'm on chart B, and the charts go through I. It's gonna be a long ride until this one's done. But so far, I'm enjoying knitting it. It's a very large shawl, but not that complicated.

I'm loving this yarn, too. It's the first time I've ever knit with it and I'm really liking the sheen and drape it has.

Cody has another band contest tomorrow, so I'll have the day to myself again. It won't be an overnight trip, though it might as well be. They won't get home until around 4:00 AM Sunday morning.

Oh, that reminds me...Monday as I was walking out of the football stadium after band night, a lady stopped me and said, "You have a bug on your back. I'm just going to knock it off." I thanked her and, after she had knocked the bug off, walked on. That night I dreamed that I was walking around in a pet store. I had the same blue fleece jacket on that I'd worn to band night. Well, I was walking around and a lady stopped me and said, "You have a dead tarantula on your back. I'm just going to knock it off for you."

The next night I dreamed that Cody and I had gone to a zoo. It was a small zoo, and I've visited it in my dreams before. This time, Cody took the lions' cage apart and the lions got out and were walking around the zoo. We were walking and came upon a big male lion. I told Cody we needed to go get into the car, so he couldn't get us. Cody replied that he had a steak and was going to try to lure the lion back into its cage with the meat. I wondered what good that would do since he'd taken the cage apart and was carrying it around with him in a shopping cart. I went and got into the car, while Cody started waving the meat at the lion. The lion was more interested in Rylea, who was hopping on three legs across the parking lot. She started to growl at the lion, but took one look at him and came and got into the car with me. At that point, the lion turned and started following Cody and his steak back into the zoo. I woke up without ever knowing if the lion was safely caged again.

Ok, as if that weren't enough, the next night, I dreamed I was having abdominal pains, so I went to the hospital get an ultrasound. The technician asked me exactly where I was hurting, and I indicated my lower left abdomen. She palpated the spot, and told me that I had about 20 minutes before my appendix ruptured, so she was going to rush me into emergency surgery. She pushed the gurney I was laying on into the hallway outside the operating room, called out that I had an appendix that was about to burst and needed surgery immediately, and left. I laid there on the gurney for about two hours, and nobody ever came out to get me. Not only that, she had forgotten to put the brake on, and my gurney kept rolling around, bouncing off the walls and such. Somehow I ended up on a landing in the middle of a flight of steps. A man in scrubs came down the steps and asked me what I was doing there. In my Demerol induced haze, I answered that I was waiting to have my appendix removed because it was about to burst and I hoped they would get to me before it did. He asked me how long I had been waiting, and I told him about two hours. He began yelling, and the doctors and nurses came out of the operating room. He really chewed them out for leaving me there unattended when I might die without emergency surgery because they were too busy to come out and check on me, and who was it that left me there in the first place. Then he took them all off to his office to write them up, leaving me there on the landing, alone. BTW, your appendix is on your right side. I don't know how it ended up on my left in the dream.

Sheesh, is it any wonder I never seem to get any rest?

So that I don't leave you on a sour note, here are a couple of pictures I took this morning. It is the same flower, with two slightly different compositions. It was really hard to get these pictures, because the wind was blowing so hard that the flowers wouldn't be still. I took a lot of bad ones to get these two:


4 comments:

Carol said...

Beautiful Photos, The Mystic Waters is looking good!

Opal said...

Wow. Those are bizarre dreams! The one at the hospital particularly bothers me out because I had a RL experience with back spasms. They left me out in the hall writhing in pain for over an hour, before bothering to ask me what was wrong. I guess they though I was drug seeking. Just thinking that I could have had something worse going on with me really disturbs me.

I'm loving the shawl and the gorgeous flower. They're definitely uplifting!

Sus said...

The new shawl looks great so far! It's going to be another winner, I can tell!

I've been fairly dreamless lately (that I remember, anyway) so reading about your dreams gives me my fix of the freaky world of the nocturnal subconscious. Thanks, as always!!

Becky G said...

Carol, thanks.

Opal, it actually sounds just like something that would happen at the local hospital. Three years ago, Cody was stung by a bee and went anaphylactic on me. They had to treat him out in the hall because all the ER rooms were filled.

As for bizarre dreams, I seem to have the knack for them.

Sus, thanks, and you're welcome! Last night was dreamless--for a change--and I actually seemed to get some rest, except for the dogs waking me up at 6:00 AM.

*rolls eyes* I can't win for losing!