Friday, October 03, 2008

Things Work Better

In the comments to yesterday's post, Dawn wondered what one of the cotton photos would look like in black and white. So I gray scaled it. Here it is:

Then, curiosity got the better of me, and I gray scaled the other two as well:




I like them in black and white.

So I've been knitting happily away on Garden Party, discovering along the way that things generally work much better when you do them right, and making good progress. I looked up at the clock and realized suddenly that it was past time for Cody to be home and he wasn't. I wondered briefly if the bus had had trouble. It has happened before. Then I remembered that they have a band contest tomorrow. They were probably having a rehearsal.

A few minutes later, Cody called. He apologized for not calling sooner, but said that it was the first chance he'd had to get to a phone. Sure enough, they were having rehearsal. Hours later, after I had picked him up, I was typing this post, and lo! there on my desk was the note.

Friday October 3:

Band Rehearsal--after school from 3:30-6:00

Notes, they are so much more effective when you actually read them.

.

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Wow - I really love the graytone photos. They are lovely.

Becky G said...

Elaine, thank you.