Sunday, October 05, 2008

Can't Seem To Get Going

My creativity, that is. I just can't seem to get my mind in gear. My thoughts are scattered, and I can't seem to collect them.

I watched a couple of exciting football games this afternoon. The Colts were trailing the Texans, but came back and scored 21 points in the last five minutes of the game to win 31-27. I almost felt sorry for the Texans. It was finally their home opener--in week 5. It had been delayed by Ike, and even now, they are playing in a stadium that still has storm damage to it. They played their hearts out, but in the end, a couple of costly mistakes by back up quarterback Sage Rosenfels cost them the game.

Oh, speaking of storm damage, I finally have heard of some fund raising for hurricane relief--a drive spearheaded by none other than those "greedy, whiny, selfish, demanding, steroid ridden freaks" of, that's right, the NFL. Oh, I'm sure there are other relief efforts out there. I just don't seem to be hearing about them.

The second game of the double header was Dallas vs. Cincinnati. I'm going to write my follow up post on that game tomorrow, when maybe I have a clearer head. Right now, my brains are too scattered.

A few weeks back, Pop Tarts started printing college team logos on some of their pop tarts. Every single box I have bought since they started, Cody has gotten the LSU pop tart. Until today.

I finally got one! I was so excited that I didn't even want to eat it. But I did, eventually.

Finally, Garden Party progress photos:

I'm more than halfway through the border. It's going to be a rather smallish shawl. I'm going to block it rather severely, but it still won't be real big.

A close-up:
Now, I'm off to bed, hoping that my brain will function better tomorrow.

Goodnight.

6 comments:

Sus said...

Garden party looks terrific!! And what a great color! I don't recall if you said -- is this one for you or for a gift? Whoever gets to wear it is one lucky lady! :)

Opal said...

Garden Party looks fabulous! Keep on doing what you're doing with it!

As for feeling scattered? I'm in the same boat. Is it something in the air or was it just the way our boys played today?

Bag Blog said...

I love the shawl. I think of you everytime I get out my crocheting while watching football.

I don't know what is worse, the fact that you eat frosted Pop Tarts or that they put a college logo on it - scary!

Knit and fall back in it said...

Garden party is beautiful. Maybe someday I will try lace again. sigh. I love that you took a picture of your Pop Tart.

Unknown said...

That is a GEORGEOUS shawl. And it's ok if it's a little small- it's a new fashion statement!

Becky G said...

Sus, thank you. I didn't have a recipient in mind for this one, but I know it will be a gift for someone. Can you just see me in lace?

Opal, I think it must be something in the air. I've felt this way for a few days now.

Lou, thanks. What's wrong with pop tarts? They're no worse than do-nuts or cinnamon rolls.

Amy, I think you should. Just remember, it's all just knit and purls--with a few increases and decreases thrown in here and there.

JC, thanks for stopping by. The shawl will grow once I've blocked it. I probably won't keep it anyway, so it doesn't matter.