Wednesday, May 07, 2008

A Postfull Of Pictures

Let's start with the scarf I finished last night:

followed by the scarf I finished today:

These scarves were knit from Sullivans Sereno yarn. Frankly, I was very disappointed in this yarn. Shelley sent me 4 balls of it, and every last one had at least one knot in it. Two of them had more than one. And I'm not talking about the kind of knots in which the yarn simply gets wrapped around itself. No, these were knots joining two separate bits of yarn. Well, that's the last of it, and I'm glad of that.

I've already cast on another scarf. This time I'm using the Mode Dea Cheri--which is the light pink yarn in the middle of this pile:

Speaking of pink, here is another picture of these tiny flowers.

Yeah, I know. They're not pink. They're purple. But a yard full of them, shimmering there against the green of the grass, the magic of the sunlight transforms them all into a radiant blanket of neon pink.

I'll bet most of you didn't know that I sometimes dabble in writing poetry. Some of my longtime readers may remember that I'd posted a poem I've written shortly before I started blogging. I'd had all of my poetry saved on my computer, and when my hard drive tried to get a bit too chummy with a bolt of lightning last year, I thought I'd lost it all. Thank goodness I'd printed them all out and saved hard copies in a notebook. Yes, I found it.

I'd like to share with you one of my more lighthearted verses, complete with illustration:


Date With A Nerd

We sat together on the sand
You told me all about the land
The scientific mysteries
Of the skies and of the seas.

You told me of the waves and tides
And how the clouds go drifting by.
You spoke of why the sun glows red
As it sinks into its bed
And if I did not stop you soon
You'd've told me all about the moon!

I bid you hush, the day is done
Let's just watch the setting sun.
And as the daylight died I knew
That with it died my love for you.

(This poem is copyrighted. You can read it, laugh at it, link it, but ya can't copy it.)

4 comments:

Opal said...

Aww! No nerd love? Shucks. I love me some nerds. ;-)

Bag Blog said...

The poetry is great.

Knit and fall back in it said...

Love the poem and the scarf and the little purple flowers, and all the new yarn, hate the cowboys. :)

Becky G said...

Opal, what can I say? There is a time for nerdiness, and on a date is not it. Unless you are with another nerd, of course. :)

Lou, thanks.

Amy, thank you, thank you, and thank you, and I completely indifferent to the Chiefs. Completely. Except that they did pick up Glenn Dorsey and Jamaal Charles. Other than that, they are beneath contempt.