Saturday, May 10, 2008

Saturday Sky


The sky was a uniform dull grey for most of the day. This was the only interesting spot. It's interesting how this photo turned out. What looks like little white clouds is actually spots through which the sun is trying to peek.


The final tournament of the spring season, and I didn't compete because of my wrist. There was only one black belt lady out there. I told her that if I'd known she'd be all alone out there, I would have gone out there and at least gone through the motions. I did help judge, and that was fun, but it meant I didn't get any pictures.

Cody competed, but didn't place in anything. I was hoping that being out there with other boys his own age and seeing how controlled and disciplined their kata were would inspire him to care more about getting his own kata into shape. It seems to have worked. I didn't get to see his empty hand, but his bo kata looked better than I've ever seen it. He still has a lot of room for improvement, but at least he's making the effort. That's what I was hoping for.

The gym that they had the tournament was miserably hot. It was so hot that at one point, I told sensei that I felt like I was at work! It was so hot that I didn't even feel like knitting. I just wanted to sit there and melt. I got home and drank a couple of big glasses of water, and I feel much better now.

To all the mothers who read my blog, Happy Mother's Day!

Mother's Day 2





5 comments:

mornin'lady said...

Well I don't know anything about Karate besides what I gather here Beck, but I will say you have stirred up some interest and I'd love to watch you guys do your thing :)

Instead of commenting on all the posts I missed I'll cram them all on this one. :)

The snake post was so cool, I'd like to hear more sometime, like where do you keep them all?

And I'm voting yes to more of your Navy days stories.

Have a wonderful Mothers day too, Beck

Sea-gal said...

I'd like to see pictures of the scaly ones and hear more as well!

Black belt, huh. Are your hands legally registered? :) (Barney Fife on Andy Griffith)!! That's cool-I was always interested in that, but never pursued it. It was hot today - I think it was so muggy and that made it much worse.

Buck said...

Happy Mothers Day, Becky!

All y'all got some more severe storms last night, didn't ya? I'm pretty sure I saw y'all under a tornado warning a lil after 2000 hrs last night...

I hope everything's OK.

Becky G said...

Dawn, well, if there was a way to get you here and into class, I'd be all for that!

Sea-gal, it's not too late! If you really want to do it, karate is for all ages.

Buck, thank you. Yes we did have a tornado touch down about 9 miles east of here. Fortunately, I was not in its path. This has been a bad year for the storms. I'll be glad when it's over.

Junk Diva said...

Happy Mothers Day a little late.