Thursday, May 22, 2008

And They're Socks!


I finally finished the two at once toe up socks on magic loop. It seems to take so long to do two at once, but once you're done, you're done. No second sock to cast on. The yarn is Lang JaWoll Jacquard. There is no color name. Just a number, but it is 154. The pattern is simple garter rib.

Now, to cast on the second Baudelaire. I'm doing the same thing with these socks that I did with my Yukon leaves. I love the pattern so much that I don't want to finish them! So I'm putting off knitting the second one to make them last longer.

I know I've gotten way behind on my blog reading, and writing. We've been having to go in at 5AM all this week. Those extra two hours gone from my day really makes things seem rushed. At least we've got a long weekend coming up. We're planning a zoo trip Saturday, but I hope to use Sunday and Monday to get caught up with all of y'all.

6 comments:

Knit and fall back in it said...

Great socks. I love knitting socks, it's my newest obsession.

Opal said...

cute socks! i know all about making a project last and last.

Becky G said...

Amy, thank you. Socks can be addictive. I used to be sworn non-sock knitter. Now I'm a convert.

Opal, thank you. I need to get the Baudelaires finished before SOS08 starts, though!

Bobbisox said...

Yeah toe up two at once can go fast, I find that the socks that languish are the ones that I am working on singly, so your experience mirrors mine. Yeah, enjoying it so much I don't want to finish, that sounds right.

Margaret said...

I love the pattern. And the colours go so well together! I wish I knew how to knit (needlepoint is my only crafty outlet), but I always enjoy seeing other people's projects!

Becky G said...

Bobbisox, I find that two at once seems to take longer. I prefer DPNs and can whip through a pair of socks pretty quickly on them. I hate all the fiddling with the needles that one must do when using circulars --either one or two.

Margaret, thanks. You can learn to knit if you want to. If there is a yarn shop in your area, I'm sure they will give you lessons. If not, there are tons of videos on the net that can show you how to knit.