Friday, May 30, 2008

Summer Project

So now that you're all eagerly awaiting our summer project, here it is. It is just for fun. No contests or prizes in this one. I want everyone to be able to participate. This is an idea I borrowed from a forum on Ravelry--with permission, and a request to post links to y'all's blogs--but not to worry, you don't have to be able to knit or crochet to do this.

What we are going to do is a Photo Scavenger Hunt. We are compiling a list of items on Ravelry, and when it is finished, I will post it here. If you would like to, you can also submit up to 5 things to add to the list. I'll put them all together, then, on June 20, I will post the Master List to my blog. We will have until September 22 to go out and take pictures of the things on the list and post them on your blog. Let's agree not to cheat! The idea is to try to sharpen our photographic skills by going out and finding opportunities to take fantastic photos.

You don't have to find every item on the list, and you don't have to limit yourself to just one picture of each item. If you take 50 pictures or if you only take one, you are still welcome to join in the fun. It’s not a contest - just a fun project and a nice way to see how other photographers interpret the same subjects.

There may also be super-secret bonus weeks with items not on the original list.


I'm excited about this and can't wait to start! Who's with me?

10 comments:

Tiffany said...

Sounds like fun! I've been enjoying your photographic skills. :)

I am in and cannot wait for the list!

Carol said...

It does sound like fun, and God knows I could use a little bit of fun in my life right about now! sign me up!

Knit and fall back in it said...

Sounds like fun to me, I'm not much of a photographer, but what the heck.

Inquiries said...

Sounds fun! I will play!

Unknown said...

I'll play too, as best as I can!
;-)

Buck said...

I wanna see the list first. ;-)

Dang...this word verification thing is driving me up the freakin' wall! Third try...

Junk Diva said...

I will play!

Becky G said...

Tiffany, thank you. Glad you can join us!

Carole, my sympathies for your loss. Welcome aboard!

Amy, it's all in good fun, and you may learn something along the way.

Ashley, great!

Dani, I'm looking forward to it.

Buck, now what do you think will be on the list? :P

JD, good deal!

mornin'lady said...

Yes I'm late, but I'll play too:)

~Amber~ said...

Alright, count me in!