Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Walk With Me Wednesday

Some of the knitting blogs I read participate in a weekly photo sharing meme called Walk With Me Wednesday. The object is to go on a walk on Wednesday and post photos of things you see on your walk. Though I most likely won't participate every Wednesday, I thought it would be nice to share with you some Walk With Me posts.

This is the Lost Bluff Hiking trail out at Grenada Lake.



Deer tracks are a common sight, no matter where I walk. These were taken in between the cotton fields down the street from where I live.

OK, now I confess I didn't take those pictures today. I didn't go for a walk today, but I have such a backlog of photos from when I was walking last spring and summer that I won't lack for images to post.

But what did I do today? This:



Yes that is what you think it is--chocolate fudge. I made two batches. One I cut up right away, and the other I will vacuum seal for later on.

And I finished this scarf:


Well, actually, the scarf had been finished long time ago, but I hadn't ever attached the fringe. I don't like doing fringe, so I put it off for a long time. I finally just made myself sit down and do it. Now that it is done, I'm glad it's over with. This was a stash buster scarf made from leftover yarn. I don't have an intended recipient for it just yet. Maybe I'll send it to the Red Scarf Project.

One last thing before you go. If you've a mind to, go help this poor graduate student out with his experiment.

4 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I have been crocheting a baby blanket for the next grandbaby. I will post a picture when it is done. I actually started it a couple of years ago, but did not have a baby in mind for it then. Now it is more important to finish since I have another grand-daughter on the way.

Dale said...

Chocolate Fudge!!! Now that's what I'm talking about!! There is the way to a mans heart in a hurry!! I could almost taste it through the computer!

Buck said...

Fudge. Oh my...Fudge!! (drool-slaver-drool...)

Becky G said...

Lou, I'd love to see the blanket when you are done. My mother taught me how to crochet when I was very young, but I never really got into it. I get very tense when I crochet. I guess that's where the term crochety old woman comes from!

Buck and Dale, sending you both fudgy thoughts...