Thursday, November 02, 2006

I'm Getting Aggravated

at this so called appliance repairman. As I posted before, my brand new GE washing machine has stopped working. I'd made an appointment with a repairman for last Saturday, with a backup date for Monday. He didn't show up either day. So I called back and made an appointment for this afternoon. He didn't show up. And all this was after I'd called the General Electric company twice to even get them to set up an appointment.

I guess I'll call them again tomorrow, and if he doesn't show up again, I'm going to call GE back and give them a piece of my mind. I shouldn't have to wait nearly two weeks to get an appliance--a brand new appliance that shouldn't have broken down in the first place--fixed. That's not good customer service.

It's making me think really hard about whether I want to invest in GE products in the future. At the moment, things are looking mighty good for Whirlpool.
*
*
*
Update: The guy called me at 8:30 and apologized for not making it out today. They got hung up on another job and it took a lot longer than they'd anticipated. He said he'd still come by if I really needed him to, but it would be late as they still had a few more jobs to finish up. Otherwise, he'll be here Saturday. I told him that Saturday would be fine. We're supposed to have the day off, so I'll be here all day. If they change their minds at the last minute, as they are wont to do, Cody and B will both be home all day.

1 comment:

Bag Blog said...

Hang in there. He will eventually come fix your machine - hopefully. What a pain!