Sunday, November 26, 2006

It's Beginning

to look a lot like Christmas, at least at B and J's house. We all went over this afternoon and helped them with their tree. J got the lights out and checked them, then put them on the tree.

Cody was supposed to be helping him, after all we told him that doing the lights was a man's job. I don't know where that came from because when I was growing up, my mother always did the lights. After J put the first ornament on the tree--a family tradition in their house, the kids dived in.

This is Brittani, Shelbi, and Cody putting on decorations while B unwraps them.


When Brittani discovered that she couldn't quite reach the top of the tree,

she came up with a rather unique solution. "She's a monkey," said her mother.


Meanwhile, Mike helped in his own way,


and even Katie was invited join in the festivities. J let her in, which was a shock to me.



Annie was sure to keep a close eye on her.

Finally, it was all done.

Dennise mentioned that they had bought a pre-lit tree last year as well. When they got theirs out to put it up this year, half of their lights weren't working either. They just bought lights to put on theirs. Probably what I should have done, because next year, half the lights on my replacement tree probably won't work.

I found out this morning that my co-worker's wife did pass away over the weekend. Her funeral was this afternoon. Keep this family in your thoughts and prayers.

*

*

4 comments:

Buck said...

Great looking tree!

Dale said...

Now Mike has the right idea! That is usually my position when it comes to the decoration. It's better that way. I got tired of putting things on the tree only to have my sweet wife follow up behind me and move what I had just done. I just decided it was better for her to get it right the first time.

Great looking tree, thanks for sharing!

Becky G said...

Thank you Buck.

Dale, funny, Mike's wife seems to share the same sentiment your wife does. When I made a comment to her about how Mike was helping in his own way, she responded, "It's better that way."

Sus said...

Great tree! Looks like you all had a blast decorating!