Monday, November 13, 2006

A Breakthrough

Today is the first day in I don't know how long that I've been able to go the whole day without taking any sort of painkillers. Yippee. My tooth is still a bit sore, and kind of throbs every now and again, but for much of the day, it was not bad enough that I felt the need to take an analgesic.

I finished a third hat this evening while watching Heroes.



This one is going to be for my nephew Nate. I did this one a little differently by knitting it in the round rather than knitting it flat and sewing up a seam. I don't like the way the ribbing turned out. It is too loose. I don't knit in the round too often, so I guess it's a learning process. I've got one more to do. After looking at the one I knit for baby Paul, I think it will be too big for a newborn. So it will be for Andrew. The problem is, there just aren't that many newborn hat patterns out there that use worsted weight yarn. But that's the only size the hunter orange color comes in.

I've got a mouse in my new house. Even with all the snakes and a cat about, he is still rather bold. He ran down the hall and into the living room with Cody and me sitting right there watching TV. I've got some mousetraps out, but so far, he has managed to sidestep them. I just hope I can catch him before he starts chewing holes in my walls.

Picture of the Day: Stealth bomber makes an appearance at the Greenville Ms. air show and balloon festival, Sept. 10, 2005



No comments: