Friday, November 10, 2006

Finished One


This one is for my brother in law. The rest will go much quicker since they will be much smaller. This is Bernat Camouflage yarn in Hunter Orange colorway. I must say I was very disappointed in this yarn. Throughout the skein, there were several thick, lumpy spots. I was constantly having to cut and rejoin the yarn. Very irritating. I was going to send an e-mail to the Bernat company, but apparently they don't have one. They only have a snail mail addy on their website.
My jaw and tooth are marginally better today, but we had a bit of a scare when I read about massive acetaminophen recall. I had just bought a huge bottle of the stuff, and was sucking it down like candy. After checking my batch number, though, I determined that my bottle was safe and went back to gleefully inhaling the stuff.
Cody's algebra teacher sent home a weekly progress report, and his grade this week has come up. He is still failing, but it has come up.
Well, I'm off to cast on the next hat.
*
*

2 comments:

Mir said...

That is a lovely orange hat! I'm sure that it will be extremely warm, and comfortable.. Makes me envious of your brother-in-law's good fortune.

I'm sorry to hear about your painful mouth. Please take care. I'm not sure if you can do this, but eating fresh pineapple will help bring down swelling, and the vitamin C will help you heal.

Hugs,
Mireille

Becky G said...

Thank you. And thank you for the advice about pineapple. I don't remember seeing any at the store, but my tooth is much better. There is no swelling, and the pain is nearly gone.