Saturday, November 11, 2006

Birthday Sky



This is the sky I woke up to on my Saturday birthday. It stormed all night last night, but I was so tired I didn't even hear it. I slept like a rock. I guess since my tooth was hurting so badly that I didn't sleep well for the last few weeks, I'm making up for it now that I'm about 98% pain free.

Once the rains passed, though, a strong north wind blew all day, and by afternoon the skies looked like this:and the temps had dropped into the low 40's. Perfect weather for making another Hunter Orange hat. This one is for baby Paul, who is not due until January but is getting a hat for Christmas anyway. Two down, and two to go...


Yes, I did have a birthday cake today. It was delicious. It followed a wonderful meal of mixed meat gumbo at B and J's house. There was shrimp, crab, and sausage in the gumbo and it was delicious. I'm going to go get leftovers tomorrow...
Here is the cake,
Cody and I enjoying our cake,

and B and J definitely enjoying their cake.

When I wasn't eating, I got over to the old house and got the kitchen completely cleaned out. I got several more things moved over to the new house, and lots more stuff I'm not keeping boxed up. A coworker of mine came over Thursday night and got several boxes of stuff that I donated to her church's rummage sale. I told her that if I'd known a little farther ahead of time, I'd have had about twice as much. Though it is slow going, I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Slider shed this morning--or rather last night. I fed him this afternoon, but forgot to measure him before hand. Now I'll have to wait a couple of days before I can mess with him so he doesn't upchuck his rat.

I didn't watch much in the way of football today. I was too busy packing up in the old house. I did watch a quarter and a half of the Auburn-Georgia game, just long enough to see that Georgia pretty much had the game wrapped up. Well, Saturday's a day for working, but Sunday is a day of rest, knitting, and football.

I'm looking forward to it.
*
*

5 comments:

Perpetual Beginner said...

Happy Birthday!

That is one scrumptious looking cake!

Buck said...

Happy Birthday, Becky! You and Cody look like you enjoyed your day! Good on ya!

Jae said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you get to enjoy your day of rest, knitting, and football.

I wanted to drop a note to let you know I've finally posted the scarf pattern - Bernadette. It's available free of charge.

Bag Blog said...

Happy Birthday! The cake looks yummy. I hope you had a great day.

I love your hats! I am very envious of your knitting abilities. My crocheting always looks like something homemade, but your hats and scarves look store-bought.

Becky G said...

Thank you everyone!

Cindy, the cake was delicious!

Buck, I sure did enjoy the day.

Jae, thank you for posting the scarf pattern. I just love it.

Lou, I think that's the nicest compliment I've ever gotten on my knitting. Thank you very much. You made my day.