Tuesday, April 23, 2019

What Day Is It?

That awkward moment when you forgot you painted your toenails, and go to step into the shower and freak out because you think your feet are bleeding.  Profusely.

Ummmm, happened to a friend.  And that's all I have to say about that.

All day long, I was so excited.  I've got a vacation day on April 25th.  I had today to work, and tomorrow I could sleep in!  Woo Hoo!  Then I  got to my brazing stand, opened my little book to write the date at the top.  I checked my phone ...April 23rd.  Son of a gun.

In the long run, it's better, though, because with Thursday off, I get Friday and Saturday off as well.  I've been debating about going back in if we work the weekend, but I don't know if I will.  I know I need the money, but I think I need the break from my stalker as well.  One of my coworkers told me, "It must be exhausting."  Yep, it is.

BTW, some of you have expressed concern about him maybe following me home or something.  First of all, I don't think he would go to that extreme.  But I do kind of wish he would.  See, at home, I'm able to defend myself.  At work, if you defend yourself in any way, you get fired, too.  I just have to put up with it, because they subscribe to the idiotic idea that making us defenseless will somehow make us safer.

Fairy dust and unicorn farts, and all that.

Back in January, when I was putting my vacation time in, I had originally taken the day off to plant my flower beds and maybe get a little more work done around the house.  Now with a potential four day weekend looming, I'm thinking I really need to go somewhere and do something.  I don't know what, though.  I've done enough things for a while, but I still don't want to spend the entire time just watching sea chanties on YouTube.  (By the way, both spellings are correct.  I've been using shanty lately, because it seems to be more popular, but really, I prefer chanty, so I'm going back to using it.)

Before I go any further, in the chaos of the last few days, I realized I've been remiss in posing the answer to the riddle I asked of my readers.  For those of you with memories like mine, a week or so ago, I posted a video of a sea chanty which was supposed to contain a surprise for Whovians.  I said I'd tell you the answer the next day, but I never did.  I'm here to rectify that now.  Here it is:


It's not the greatest shot, but do you recognize the guy in the gray hoodie?  Yes, I did verify it with IMDB.  It is Noel Clarke -- known to Whovians as....MICKEY THE IDIOT!  And yes, I did shout it when I recognized him.  Poor guy.  No matter where he goes or what he does, he'll always be Mickey The Idiot -- as evidenced by thousands of geeks in thousands of theaters shouting aloud when watching Into Darkness...

That's Star Trek, for you non geeky types out there.

I also realized I've been remiss in posting my latest finished object.  Which I completed on April 14th.


I guess in my excitement over the Clydesdales, I completely forgot.  I saw the photo sitting there in my folder when I was resizing the one of my new Navy hat, which arrived today.


I know, I know.  I keep buying hats, but the only time I wear them is when I'm either mowing or fishing.  Say, there's an idea.  I could get a new fishing license and go fishing over my long weekend.

Oh, wait.  It's supposed to storm Thursday.  Maybe I won't.  Maybe I will just sit at home and watch sea chanties.

Speaking of chanties, here's one for you.  Funny thing is, I don't really even like this song, but these guys sing it so well, I had to add it to my playlist anyway.




One thing I'm definitely looking forward to on my long weekend is staying up past 7:00 PM.  But when one gets up ridiculously early, one...well, you know the drill by now. 

No comments: