Tuesday, April 09, 2019

Another Day

First thing I did when I got to work this morning was to go find Edna and ask, "Where is my friend request???"  She looked indignantly at me and said, "I'll get to it.  I do have a life, you know!"

Unlike me.  Who has no life.  Whatsoever.  Maybe if I did, you'd have blog posts worth reading, but noooooo....

The most excitement I have had today is I am finally starting to see some hummingbirds.  This one seems to have staked a claim to his territory. I think I shall name him Keith.*


This one is challenging Keith to the feeder,


and I'm all like, "Guys, there is another feeder over there!"  They both appear to be black throated hummingbirds, and hopefully there will be more soon.

There I was at my brazing stand, just a brazing away, when Assembly Line Supervisor brought me some rework to braze up.  Why they always bring it to me and not to Brazing Boss's star brazer is beyond me, and I said so to my coworker who stands beside me.

She turned to ALS and said, "You know who Brazing Boss's star brazers are?"  He said no, and she told him.  He gave the most incredible sound of disbelief I've ever heard.  I said, "Yeah, and according to him, we are the worst two brazers over here."

ALS said, "I'd take you both back in a heartbeat."  I replied, "If I could still get my overtime, I'd come back."

Before.  The.  Sun. Sets. Today.

Don't get me wrong.  I love brazing, and what I do.  The very first day I walked in to ADP 24 years, two months, and two days ago, I saw the brazers and knew that was what I wanted to do.  I don't want to give that job up, but the constant badgering, the constant harassment, the constant you're not good enough from Brazing Boss and his thugs is ...  well, I just don't even want to be a brazer any more.

Here's an example.  About a year ago, they switched us to a cheaper, lower quality brazing rod.  Immediately, everyone's leak rates skyrocketed.  Yet, Brazing Boss says it's our technique.  Yeah, like people who've been brazing for 20 - 30 years suddenly developed bad technique -- and that you had just switched rods was a completely unrelated coincidence.

He insists he didn't change the rod, but it's even got a different label on the box.  Don't be trying to gaslight me, little man.  I've been doing this job since you were still eating your own boogers.

Anyway, that's why I asked New Supervisor to move me to a different area.  He said he'd look into it.  The question is, once Brazing Boss has run off all his good brazers, what's he going to have left?  He may think he wants a department full of Star Brazer #1 and Star Brazer #2, but he really doesn't.

OK, enough of that.

I found a new song over the weekend, and it's got to be my new favorite song of all time, ever. Have a listen:



Here is another new one.  Funny, it showed up in my You Tube recommendations 5 minutes after it was uploaded, and six minutes after it was uploaded, it was in my playlist.



By the way, have you figured out which one I'm considering making my new Imaginary Boyfriend?  I'll give you a hint:  his name starts with a J.  That rules out Billy (who isn't in this video) and Toby.  So, it's either Jason, Jeremy, John, John, John, or... um...Jon.

Now, if only imaginary boyfriends cut real grass....



*Several years ago, Cody named one of the hummingbirds at Beverly and James' house Keith.  That was the year after he named the giant spider outside our back door Jeff. 

No comments: