Monday, April 08, 2019

Monday Miscellany

Well, that weekend went by way too quickly.

I get to work today, and my friend called me over.  She said she lost her old FB log in, so she was going to start a new profile.  She didn't want to add a lot of people, but she said, "I do want to add you.  Please accept my friend request!"

via GIPHY

Awww, I feel so special!

The only problem is now I have to think of something to blog about.  It's been kind of a slow day for blog fodder as nothing really hap -- Oh, wait!  I've got something!

We had a bit of excitement at work, as one of the autobrazers kept catching the slabs on fire.  They're not supposed to burn like that.  Sometimes they do blaze briefly, due to the oils and such on the metals, but it goes out pretty quickly.

This one didn't.  It had huge flames shooting up a couple of feet, and they wouldn't go out.  They had three or four people walking down to the water fountain, filling up bins with water and pouring them over the slab.  It took several trips, but they finally got the fire out. 

Good thing we had so much toxic masculinity there, because silly old me would have gotten the -- you know-- fire extinguisher

Probably why I'm not in charge. 











No comments: