Friday, April 26, 2019

I Said I Wasn't

I said I wasn't going to, but I did it anyway.

And what I did after saying I wasn't going to is as follows.

Since I didn't go to work today, the debate was whether to go up to Southaven and go shopping or not. There is a book store up there, and a JoAnn's, but it's a 2 hour (ish) drive.  But a book store.  But 4 hours on the road (both ways).

I hemmed and hawed for quite some time, then decided not to go.  I'd just go into town and get my regular shopping done, then come home and watch Tombstone and sea chanties for the rest of the day.

However, as I was driving towards town, I thought I'd maybe just go up to Batesville -- just to get out of the house and do something.  I decided nah, I would just stay local, but as I reached the on ramp to the  highway, my car  -- completely of its own volition -- turned north instead of south.  "Hmmm", I said.  "I guess I'm going to Batesville after all."

The whole way there, I hemmed and hawed about going on up to Southaven, the same argument I'd been having earlier.  It's been forever since I've been up there, and kind of wanted to go, but kind of didn't want to be gone all that long.  In the end, I pulled off at Batesville and just went to Lowe's.

Where I finally got my coping saw. 


Yay, I can finally cope! 

The other thing I got there was these two Creeping Jenny plants. 


I'm going to put these into hanging baskets.  I had one last year, and really liked the way it looked, trailing all the way down to the ground.  I don't remember it flowering, but that's OK.  I still liked the trailing viney things.

 Upon leaving Lowe's, I said to myself, "Self, since you're here, might as well go to Walmart and get your weekly shopping done."  So, I did.  About halfway through the store, I discovered the flaw in my plan.  Milk and ice cream.  I didn't want my cold stuff to be in the trunk of my car all the way back from Batesville, so I said, "What the heck, I'll just go to the Walmart at home when I get back." 

I checked out my few little purchases, and drove back to the local Walmart -- where I was unable to resist the Siren Song of the garden center.  I said I wasn't going to plant the little bed in front of my porch this year, mainly because it's too hard to keep the Creeping Charlie out of it.  However, these moss rose were just too much to resist.


I only bought a single six pack.  I also found two pink Magellian Zinnias, and that will be it for my flower beds this year.


The last thing I bought, well, not the last thing, but the last thing you might find interesting, was my new 'Murica shirt.



When I left Walmart, I drove down by the lake to check on the water levels.  It would seem about half the town was parked out by the emergency spillway, just watching the water.   Like I said last week, in a small town with nothing to do, you have to take your entertainment where you can find it.

The water was still very high.  Then I drove on down past the regular spillway, and said, "DANG!"  The outlet channel was way high.  I guess they have the gates wide open, because we did have some heavy rains yesterday. 

I might drive out there again tomorrow and take pictures.  I didn't stop today, because milk and ice cream.  I might get my fishing license renewed, too, and go fishing.  I used to fish a lot, but I'd mentioned to Stalker once that I liked fishing, and he worried me so much about it, it kind of put me off fishing.  Now, that we're not speaking at all, I'm getting the hankering to go again. 

Finally, as promised, here is the new hat I'm knitting. 


I think I might have enough yarn left to do a pom pom for this one.  If not, I'll mix a little white with the pink and make a two tone pompom. 







No comments: