Monday, April 29, 2019

Back To Work

Boy, that vacation sure went by fast.  When I got up this morning, I was so glad I took those extra two days -- and wished I had two more.  But alas, someone has to feed all these dogs, and birds, and snakes, and whatever else it is I'm feeding.  So off to work I went.

There I was, at work, just a working away bright and early this morning, when my coworker calls, "STALKER ALERT!"  Sigh, I did not miss that part of my job.  And sure enough, here he comes around the corner, and plants himself right behind me for the better part of the morning.  I guess he was trying to make up for three lost days of trying to intimidate me --or else make me fall in love with him, neither one of which is going to happen.

I told my coworker, "If he's trying to win my heart, he's going about it the wrong way!"  But in a way, you have to feel sorry for Stalker.  He wants so badly to be relevant, but he's not.  Nobody likes him.  Nobody respects him.  I'm not the only one who wishes he'd just go away.  He's a wasted salary is what he is.  Speaking of, I heard the made Brazing Boss the supervisor over the hairpin production.  Not sure if it's true or not.  It's just what I heard.

OK, enough about my horrible job and nonexistent love life...Let's talk about knitting.

As I mentioned yesterday, I cast on a new hat, and have made a good bit of progress on it.


I don't have a pattern for this.  I'm just kind of making it up as I go along.  Um, I mean, uh, it's pattern of my own design.  Which is a fancy way of saying I'm making it up as I go along.  Whatever.  I like it.  It's mindless enough I can watch sea chanties while I knit, but interesting enough I don't get bored with it. 

And finally, just so this post isn't a total waste, here's a little something especially for Kristine.  I think you might enjoy this one.



Nothing implied here.  I just like the song, and the banter before hand makes me giggle. 

I hope you like it, too.




No comments: