Sunday, April 07, 2019

I Must Have Been Tired

I really must have been tired.  Why do I say that?  Because I slept nearly 10 hours last night.  I went to bed shortly after 8:00 PM, and slept until 6-ish this morning.  I woke up, saw the clock, and said, "Dang, I must have needed that sleep."

And what did I do with all that energy I got from all that sleep?  Not much, really.  I did some laundry, wrote a couple of letters, and listened to my new records.  Oh, and good news!  I finally saw a hummingbird! 

I'd hung my feeders out a couple of weeks ago, and have re-filled them a couple of times, but hadn't spotted a bird until today.  Probably because I spend nearly ever waking hour at work.  Be that as it may, they're finally back.  On that topic, I was in the store yesterday, and on impulse bought a new feeder.


It has a slightly larger reservoir, so I won't have to be filling it as often.  So far, the only bird I've seen was feeding at the old feeder.  In a torrential downpour.  But this one will come in handy for Fall migration.  The feeders always seem much busier then.

This was another impulse buy.


Like I don't have enough bird feeders already.  I don't know.  It just caught my eye, and was already filled with seed.

I believe I've mentioned it before, but I'm having a hard time getting excited about my flower beds this year.  I think it's because with the way we work, I don't really have time to take care of them like I should.  They usually turn into a mass of weeds by the end of the summer, and don't look very good.  I'm thinking I might let the beds lie fallow this time around.  I don't know.  I've still got plenty of time to decide.

This was a bit of a surprise -- the verbenas I planted last year are blooming.


And without any effort from me!  I'd thought they were annuals, but they never died back over the winter.  The only thing I've done is, after taking this picture, I pulled up some of those weeds.

The last of the daffodils are blooming, too.


I'm not sure what all those little yellow flowers are, but the bees seem to like them, so I'm going to leave them alone.

I seem to be suffering from a deplorable lack of nosiness, in that I'm always the last person to know anything.  My friend Edna and I were talking about some incident that had occurred in her family last weekend.  She mentioned something about a certain co-worker who lived near her younger son.  I said, "Wait, I thought she lived in such and such house on such and such road."

Edna said, "No, Other Coworker bought her out, and he lives there."

I said, "Wait, Coworker and Other Coworker have split up????"

Edna looked at me as if I'd lost my head and said, "They've been divorced for years."  Seriously?  I'd had no idea they'd even separated.

Edna and I finished our conversation, and I went back to my brazing stand, and said to a couple of other coworkers, "I didn't know Coworker and Other Coworker were divorced."  They both gave me that same look Edna had, and one of them asked, "Where have you been?"

Minding my own business, apparently.

And lastly, a couple of years ago, I started posting hymns on Sundays.  Those posts were wildly popular at first, but that popularity faded over time.  When I went home for Christmas that year, I just stopped posting them, after posting the Christmas Eve hymn

Here lately, I've been feeling like I want to bring that back, so here you go.  The first in the new series of Sunday Hymn postings (which will probably include some contemporary music as well as traditional hymns). 




No comments: