Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Almost Over

Do you see these things?  These things on the ground?


No, not the weeds coming up between the bricks.  Which I totally need to kill, but probably totally won't.  The other things.  The little wormy looking things.  Some of y'all know what those are, and some of you are just as excited as I am about seeing them on the ground.  For the rest of you, I'll put you out of your misery and tell you.  They're oak tassels. 

The good news is, they're on the ground.  There are still plenty on the trees, but they're starting to drop.  Hallelujah!  The Pollening is drawing to an end.  Now, we enter Tornado Season Part 2.  Which will wind down towards the end of May.

Just in time for Hurricane Season.  Yippee.

Isn't living in America so much fun?  I wouldn't know, because I'm always at work!


At least they've shortened the hours  10 on Friday, and 8 on Saturday.  It's been so long since I've worked an 8 hour shift, I won't know what to do with myself.  And yes, the dates are wrong.  After I took the picture, she came back and put up another notice with the correct dates.   Once again, I exhibited my apparent death wish and gleefully ran to tell Edna. 

She said, "I know you love your overtime, but urg!"  I replied, "No, I need the overtime.  I don't love it".  If it were all the same to me, I'd really rather be able to make ends meet without having to work 60-70 hours each week.   I mean, I could, but maybe I want more than a ramen noodle existence. 

One last thing, I promise I'm going to stop bombarding you with this group eventually, but this one has something special for Whovians.  New Who Whovians, I mean.  Not Classic Who Whovians. 



I'm not going to tell you.  Just see if you can spot it.  If nobody guesses, I'll give you the answer tomorrow.




No comments: