Tuesday, January 01, 2019

New Year, Same Old Rut

This Christmas break has gone by so fast.

I mean, they always go by fast, but this one seems to have gone especially fast.  Not sure why, but it's over now.   Yesterday, I got all my decorations taken down and put away.  To me, the house always looks just a bit sad without all the lights and things.  It's kind of depressing.

Even more depressing was having to turn all my alarms back on.  It made me want to cry.  It was so nice being able to sleep normal hours for those few days.  Now, it's back to getting up at 3:00 AM. 

So, let's talk about something more pleasant.  I finished another hat with my Americana yarn, this one with an 80 stitch cast on.  I think the stripes turned out better than the first one did.


I still wouldn't call it a true self-striping yarn, though, because the white stripes are bigger on the other side. 


Clearly, someone didn't think this through. 

Now for a bit of exciting news, and not so exciting at the same time.  This evening, just as it started getting dark, I went to close my blinds on my French doors.  Out behind the back fence, I spotted a buck.  This one was an adult, and I'm pretty sure he's got to be the sire of my fawns.

The bad news is, he had the ugliest rack I've ever seen.  He had really long tines, but only 5 points -- and one of them was only like an inch long.  Maybe if he comes to feed more, I can take a picture of him before he drops his antlers.

If not, you may have to wait until next year. 

No comments: