Saturday, January 26, 2019

What Was I Thinking?

Last week, I bought some Theraflu, because I had an Ibotta rebate.

Turns out, that was quite a fortuitous turn of events, given my recent bout with this rhino-thing.  I drank some last night before I went to bed, to see if it would help me sleep.  Yeah, it's got Benadryl in it.  I can't take Benadryl as a sleep aid because it makes me twitch like a frog on a hot griddle.  (This isn't an uncommon reaction, so I'm not worried about it.)   But it's also got a nasal decongestant in it, so that helped my clogged up head a bit. 

The downside is, it tastes terrible. 

After my initial twitchiness wore off, I slept pretty well, but woke up feeling feverish.  I'd thought that if I felt better today, I'd go ahead and take the car in for an oil change.  That didn't happen.

I spent most of the day huddled under my blanket knitting.  I finished the hat I was working on, but even that seemed to take an awful lot of effort.


I think the next had I start will have some sort of pattern to it.  I'm getting kind of tired of plain beanies.  I might even make a few feminine ones.  Granted, most homeless people are men, but there are several homeless women in my friend's area, and they'd probably like something nice, too. 

So, there I was in my chair, knitting away and watching Loch Ness on Acorn TV, when I suddenly got a hankering for chocolate milk.  Just one problem.  I was out of milk.  I kept on knitting and watching TV and hankering for chocolate milk.  And I kept on not having any milk. 

Along about 2:00, I decided I felt well enough to get dressed and go into town.  I went all the way to Wal-mart, thinking I could go ahead get all my weekly shopping done while I was there.  About halfway through, wandering through the store, I discovered I wasn't feeling as well as I thought I was.  It was one of those, "What was I thinking?" moments. 

I was thinking I wanted chocolate milk.  That's what I was thinking. 

I cut my shopping trip short and came on home, where I found this waiting in my mail box.


That's where I went to boot camp, but it isn't even there any more.  They closed it down several years ago, and tore everything down.  There is a housing addition where it used to stand, near as I can tell.  I need to see if I can find a patch for Great Lakes and U.S. Army Signal Center, Ft. Gordon, Georgia, and I'll have all my commands, including schools. 

There was something else, but I can't remember....oh yeah!  The guy on Ebay accepted my offer!  He messaged me and said he'd be happy to sell me just the two records I needed, so now I'll have all but three of my dad's original collection.  Those three are my least favorite ones, and the debate is, do I get them to complete the collection or not?  I probably will, just for the sake of having them all.

One last thing, if I'm going to keep up this letter writing thing, I decided I needed to stock up on Forever stamps before the post office hikes the price again.  I splurged and bought two rolls of 100 stamps. 

That ought to last me a while, don't you think? 






No comments: