Saturday, January 05, 2019

Epizoodies

I haz them.

I don't really feel that bad, except that I do.  I'm just tired of coughing.  I've coughed so much and so hard these last few days, my stomach is sore, my back is sore, my head and neck are sore.  I'm hoping now that this weather has cleared, whatever has me all stirred up will settle back down.

The good news is, I made it through the first week back at work.  I told my friend I was going to sleep all day long today.  Didn't happen, though.  Someone explain to me, what good is it to have a day off if you wake up at 3:00 AM anyway?

I finally got out of bed around 4:30, and did some laundry.  I decided I'd just hang around and watch TV or something, even though I'd planned on going to the store.  I debated back and forth, and felt there was nothing I really needed right this moment.  Then I got a nice surprise in the mail.

Remember that root canal I had last month?  I'd used up all my insurance, or so I thought.  Apparently, I had more benefits left than I realized, because the dentist office sent me a partial refund on what I'd paid them.  Woo Hoo!  It was a good sized refund, too, $155.  My first thought was, "I'm going shopping!"  My next thought was, "No, you're going to put that money back onto the credit card you used to pay for said root canal."  That's what I intend to do, once the deposit is officially approved.

Still and all, I was so happy about getting that money back, I suddenly found the energy to go to the store after all.  First thing I did was to see if anything decent was left in the Christmas clearance.   They didn't have much, but I found a nice bow for my front door wreath -- my last one having been destroyed by the neighbor's dog.



This one isn't as long as the last one, so maybe it'll be less of a temptation.  And maybe by next year, the dog will have grown out of her puppyness and won't be as interested in dangly things anyway.

As soon as I saw this, I knew I had to have it.


Live long and prosper, Gentle Reader.

And lastly, I picked up a couple pairs of earrings for .75 each.




Every year, my mother and older brother send me money for Christmas.  This year, I bought a new pair of binoculars, and I have been thoroughly enjoying them.  Last night, I had five deer at my feeding patch -- two does and three fawns.  I didn't see my spike or my big buck, though.

Anyway, I had a bit of money left over, so I bought me one of these.


I already have a regular coffee maker, but I've wanted one of these kinds for a while, so I can get the different flavored k-cups.  They have variety packs available on Amazon for coffee, hot chocolate, tea...they even make cold medicine pods now.  This one also has a little basket you can put regular ground coffee into it, and make that if you want.

I was standing there in the store, debating on which one to get.  I didn't really feel I needed a super expensive, fancy schmancy one, but wanted a reliable machine.  I looked this one up on the Wal-Mart app to read the reviews.  They were mostly positive, and it had a 4 1/2 star rating, so I got it.

What cracked me up, though, was how many reviews said something along the lines of, "I was so glad to get this, because I waste so much coffee making a whole pot since I only drink 1-2 cups a day."

Have we seriously become so dumbed down that people don't realize they don't have to make the entire pot of coffee?  Seriously??

Anyway, I'm going to leave you with one last word of warning before I head to Amazon to browse coffee...whatever you do, do NOT look up the Allen Hurns injury.  Not even any still photos of it.

You will regret it.

Trust me on this one.




No comments: