Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Wake Up

You know, blogging is hard work.  Some days, there just isn't anything to say.  I'm thinking this is one of those days.

Hmmm, what should I talk about?

Oh, I could tell you I had a bit of a wake up call yesterday.  I was at work, minding my own business, when a coworker asked me, "Is Thanksgiving next week or the week after? I say it's next week, but [Other Coworker] says it's the week after."

She had her calendar open on her phone, and held it out for me to see.  I said, "It's the fourth Thursday, so that's next week."

Wait, what?  Thanksgiving is next week!  I knew it was the 23rd, but I didn't realize the 23rd had gotten so close.   I immediately started planning my menu, which won't be much since it's only me.  Even so, I'm glad she said something, or I might have been frantically rushing to the store Wednesday evening.   As far as I know, we have to work through Wednesday, though there have been rumors to the contrary.  I've worked there long enough to know not to believe anything I hear until it happens. 

OK, what else can I talk about? 

I've been trying to get rid of some old junk that's been sitting out in my shop since I moved into this house.  Bev and James had given me their big entertainment center when they moved, so  I'd advertised my corner TV stand in one of the local yard sale groups on FB.  One lady said she was going to come pick it up this afternoon.  She never showed up or responded to my messages.  It usually takes about 6 tries to find someone who will actually come get what they say they want. But that's not what I was going to tell you.

While I was waiting on her, I cleaned up a little more out in the shop.  I was going to take a picture and show you how neat it's getting, but somehow, I ended up with a picture of what I can only assume is the sky instead.


I have no idea.  I've long since given up trying to find an explanation for such things. 

I've got a few more things ready to put up for sale, but I can only deal with a limited amount of people at a time.  The good news is, I have a coworker who will take all these landscape timbers and 4 x 4s off my hands. 


He's going to swap me a load of firewood for them.  I ought to be set for quite some time, then.  Speaking of fires...

Stripping that paint off the fireplace bricks is proving more difficult than I thought.  I've tried chemical stripper, a wire brush, and my belt sander.  I know I could eventually get it all off with time and effort, but I'm beginning to wonder if it's even worth it.  I'm seriously considering just painting over it until I can afford to have the whole thing pulled down and replaced. 

I'll have to think about it.  Right now, I'm going to bed. 

No comments: