Monday, November 06, 2017

Readers Bearing Gifts

There I was at work, getting ready for my shift to start, when I saw Edna Who Loves To See Her Name In My Blog and another coworker, Linda, walking towards me. 

I watched them approach, and when they arrived, Linda said, "I have something for you.  It's not much, but as soon as I saw it in the store, I though of you, and had to get it for you."  She opened her hand, and gave me this:


Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!  I love it!  It's even the same color as mine.  I guess I do go on about the chainsaw a bit, don't I?  What made it really funny is that I had intended to start today's post talking about -- surprise, surprise -- my chainsaw.  No, really, I was.

I was going to say that I'd planned on getting up Saturday morning and working on that pile of wood in my back yard, but it was too wet.  It had rained off and on Friday, and pretty much all night Friday night.  The wood was water logged -- get it, logged -- and the humidity was in the 95% range.  I stepped outside, and the hair instantly transformed into a giant ball of frizz, and I said, "Nope, not today."

Instead, I stayed inside and knit.  And did housework, but you don't really want to hear about my laundry, do you?  Knitting is much more interesting. 

At long last, I have finally finished the scarf from Hades.  Oh, the scarf itself isn't that bad.  It was the yarn.  This was the skein that had so many knots in it.  Final tally:  12 knots.  Twelve! 


I'm so glad to be done with it!  But it is soft and warm.  Somebody somewhere will appreciate it.

After I'd finished that horrible scarf, I was digging in my yarn closet, looking for something else to cast on, and found this ball I'd bought a year or so ago. 


It is Knit Picks Chroma in the Vermont colorway.  My first through was to cast on a scarf, but I remembered I'd only bought one ball.  OK, no problem.  I'll make a hat.  I just needed to find my circular knitting needles. 

While looking for said needles, I found this hat, which has been languishing on the needles since July.  Yes, I said July. 


I decided I needed to finish it before starting anything else, so that's what I did. 


So, that's done, and now I'm off to browse hat patterns. 

Laters.



No comments: