Sunday, November 12, 2017

Sunday Hymn


Would you believe, I had the hardest time finding a decent video of this song?  I'd looked at several before settling on this one, even though I'm not a big fan of the Gaithers.  The problem I was having is that they were all making it sound like a mourning dirge.  I think they were going for solemn, but what they achieved was dreary. 

This isn't supposed to be a solemn or dreary song.  It's about a day of rejoicing, and the song should sound joyful. 

Then, there were the videos that went to the other extreme:  too rocked up, too countrified.  My only other option was to choose a video that sounded like a church congregation singing.  Of those, this is the best one.

I dare you not to sing along.  Just don't sing it solemnly.  Sing and shout the victory!!





No comments: