Wednesday, November 08, 2017

Cat Hair and Yarn

My cat, Squeaky is getting old.  As is typical of older cats, she's not grooming herself as well as a younger cat would.  I try to brush her, but the mats in her fur multiply faster than I can brush them out.  I'd been using the dogs' comb on her, but it just yanked the mats out, and was hurting her. I started looking into getting one of those de-matting combs I'd seen advertised, the ones with little blades in the teeth which cut through the mat, so I put out a call on Facebook for recommendations.  Based on those recommendations, I ordered a Furminator.  I've been working on her, and she already looks so much better.

My dear friend Sue said she had an old comb she would send me.  It's made for cats, and has teeth that rotate.


It arrived today, and the Squeaks loves it. She actually sat still and let me comb her.  This is huge! 

Also in the box, because Sue is my heart-sister and somehow knew I was having a horrible day at work, she included some of my favorite things -- yarn! 

First up, three balls of Cascade -- my preferred yarn for hats. 


Two of them are 220 Superwash wool, and the Pacific is a wool/acrylic blend. 

She also included a small ball of leftover cotton yarn in Christmas colors.


And a skein of Madelinetosh sock yarn. 


I don't know that I've ever had any Madelinetosh.  It's very nice sock yarn.  I may have to break out the sock needles once again.  But first, that yarn needs to marinate a while, and sock yarn doesn't count as stash. 

I still haven't cast on that Chroma.  I haven't found just the right pattern.  Since it's fall colors, I want something -- and I'm leaning towards a beret or a tam-- that has a pattern that kind of looks like leaves.  I'm still looking, but would welcome suggestions. 



No comments: