Friday, November 03, 2017

Friday Sloth

When I first started taking my vacation days, I  had so much stuff I was going to get done on these long weekends.  For the first few weekends, I was pretty industrious.  Here lately, though, I've been beset by sloth.

I have all this stuff I still need to get done, I'm just not doing it.  The only thing I've done today is to tidy up my front flower beds a bit.  Turns out it's not as dead as I thought.  Some of the plants which were sheltered, or close to the house, are still showing signs of life.  I trimmed off the dead bits, and left the rest.  It won't last long, though.  Soon, we'll have another frost which will finish them off for good.

Other than that, all I've done is watch TV and knit a bit. Yes, I lead a sad life.  You know how I know?  I'll tell you. 

You know you lead a sad life when the biggest adventure of your week is going to the store.  An d this is how it started...

I use this shopping list app called Out Of Milk.  I've used it for years, and have been generally pleased with it.  However, with the last update, they started automatically categorizing your list.  I needed kitty litter.  I didn't know it was considered make up.   You learn something new every day. 


All righty, then. 

Moving right along.  I found what I want for my birthday.


I told you, some sort of long dormant tool user gene has been awakened within me.  The hardware department has become a dangerous place -- for my budget, that is.  I put this back on the shelf, walked to the next aisle, and found an electric staple gun I also want.  I don't know what I'm going to do with either of them, but I want them.

While I was in the hardware department, I remembered that I needed nails.  I couldn't for the life of me remember what I needed them for, but I knew I needed them.


So, now I have nails, but I have no idea why. 

I'm sure you will all be very proud of me when I tell you that I walked down this aisle, and didn't buy a thing.  Nope, not one single item. 


Then again, they didn't have the cherry cordial or mint truffle Kisses out yet.  Once I find those, I'm not making any promises.

I needed some honey.  I don't use honey a lot, but every so often, I use it.  Since my beekeeper cousin has gone out of the beekeeping business, I had to break down and buy some.  I was looking through all the honey on the shelf, and found this one.


Texas honey, it's the next best thing to being there. 

And lastly, the photo challenge:

Seven days, seven pictures in black and white of my everyday life.  No people, no pets, no explanations.  Day 2.






No comments: