Wednesday, November 22, 2017

About Ready

I've got my jello salad in the fridge and my pumpkin pie made.  I'm just about ready for Thanksgiving.


Pay no attention to the ragged edges of my crust.  I had a store bought crust, but decided it was too old to use.  Instead, I whipped out my trusty Betty Crocker cookbook and found a pat in the pan crust recipe.  I've used it before, and it's very easy to make.  However, since it's just me, I didn't take the time to fancy the edges up.

By the way, I used canned pumpkin for this pie, not the fresh pumpkin that is still in my freezer.

In the morning, all I'll have to do is make my sweet potatoes, Stove Top stuffing, and giblet gravy.  Oh, and cook the turkey, of course.  And knit and watch the Parade, and the national dog show, since I'm still boycotting the NFL.  And since it'll just be me, I might just stay in my pajamas all day!

As you might imagine, the new schedule was all the talk at work.  Reactions are pretty mixed.  Edna Who Loves To See Her Name In My Blog said she loves it.  A couple of other people think they will like it, but then all our kids are grown.  My primary concern with the change was potentially losing the overtime.  In our brazer meeting this morning, Production Superintendent assured us that when peak season arrives, there will still be options for overtime, and I said, "sign me up!"

The only other thing I did today was to get out and pull the last of the dead stuff up out of my flower beds.  Then I turned the soil and tried to get some of the grass roots out.  It won't take much to get it ready for spring planting. 

One last thing, there is a shocking dearth of good Thanksgiving movies out there.  Trust me, I've looked.  Just a couple, that's it. 

Somebody needs to do something about that.

No comments: