Thursday, November 02, 2017

Upheavals

There has been a great upheaval at work.

OK, not quite yet, but we had a meeting the other day in which they gave us fair warning about upheavals that will take effect in January.  And the changes aren't that great, but saying there have been some mediocre upheavals doesn't sound nearly as dramatic.  And I'm all about the drama. 

One of the changes is that we will now be subject to random drug screenings.  Yeah, way to boost employee moral there, by treating us like criminals.  Edna Who Loves To See Her Name In My Blog said, "Half the plant will probably be fired if they do that."  Just to be on the safe side, I'm making a list of all the vitamins and supplements I take and keeping it on my phone.  I'm sure screenings have gotten a lot more accurate, but back in the day, many of those herbal supplements could cause false positives.

Second big change is that we will have to carry clear backpacks.  This one aggravates me.  For one thing, a clear backpack never stopped a criminal.  If someone is determined to carry a gun or knife into the plant, he'll find a way.  Clear backpack or no.

But what really aggravates me is that the stupid things tear up in a month.  One of my coworkers said her daughter has already gone through two just since school started.  I'd just spent $40 on a high quality canvas bag because I got tired of replacing mine every six months.  Now, I guess I'll have to add New Tool Bag to my monthly budget.

There's a stock tip for you:  invest in clear backpacks.

Probably the biggest upheaval involves on of our Key Component Areas.  See, somebody wanted to put them on a trial schedule of working 10 hours a day 4 days a week.  They started that Monday.  As soon as they announced it, I wondered how it wasn't going to work out.  You see, the assembly lines are still on a five day schedule.   What would happen if someone needed a Key Component on Friday when Key Component Area wasn't there?

Eventually, the bosses figured this out, too.  I went and talked to one of my friends who works in Key Component Area, and she said they've already told them to come in tomorrow.  I told her, "Yeah, as soon as peak season hits, and we start getting behind, we'll all be back on 6 days anyway."

There is a challenge going around Facebook.  It's seven photos in black in white.  No people.  No pets.  No explanation.  I've posted mine on Facebook, but I'm going to post them here, too.  This is day 1.



Oh, and before I go, Baby Addlyn got the leggings I knit for her.  I was concerned that they would be too small, but she sent me a picture.


They fit perfectly!  She even has a big of growing room in them.  Yay!







No comments: