Monday, November 27, 2017

Back To Business

Let me tell you, it was hard getting up and going to work today.  I very nearly made myself late, too.  I was sitting at the table perusing Facebook when I looked up at the clock.  It was almost time to walk out the door and I hadn't even finished my breakfast yet.  I'd almost forgotten how to get up and, you know, get ready and all that. 

Shortly after shift started, Supervisor had a meeting with all the line personnel.  The new plant manager walked through last week, and was impressed at how clean our line was.  He wants to make us the model line for the plant.  He's going to have clean up crews to come in early or stay late.  I said, "Sign me up."

Long story short, I'm back to going in at 5:00.  Yay, overtime.  Even better, I no longer have to drive to work with the sun already up.  After all these years, it just feels weird. 

I was going to come home this afternoon and try to get my outside lights put up, but about 1:00, I remembered my car insurance was due today.  I ran into town and paid that, and when I was putting my insurance cards into my glove box, I saw my license plate sticker that I got about three weeks ago, and keep forgetting to put on my license plate. 

As soon as I got home, I did that.  I had to clean the plate with Windex -- actually I used store brand knock off Windex, but it's the same thing -- and since I had the Windex and paper towels out, I went ahead and cleaned all the windows.  They'd gotten so dirty I could hardly see out of them.  I need to wash the whole car, but I'm not going to do that until it warms up some. 

I got that done, then got myself something to eat.  While I was fixing myself I plate, I decided to finish picking the turkey carcass and get the rest of the meat into the freezer.  I'd put most of it up over the weekend, so I just had a little left.  It'll be enough for Christmas, plus probably some turkey salad sandwiches later on.  I put the skin and the fatty pieces into my stock pot with some water and made broth.  I strained it and put it into the refrigerator.  Probably tomorrow, I'll get it into the freezer as well. 

Basically, all that's to say, it's time for bed now, and I didn't get the lights up. 

I didn't get that angel on the top of my tree, either, but I did get one more nativity out. 




This is one my Aunt Martha and I made many many years ago.  And with this, I think my living room is just about done.



Once I get that there angel on the top of my tree, that is. 

No comments: