Wednesday, August 31, 2016

It's Not Saturday

All day long, it's felt like Saturday to me.  Let me tell you, nothing ruins your Saturday like realizing it's only Wednesday.  Sigh...

The good news is, we actually get a Saturday this weekend!  We're getting a three day weekend, but our Production Superintendent told us not to get excited.  This is not the start of a trend, he said. We'll be back to working Saturdays next weekend.

People are asking me what I'm going to do over the weekend, and the short answer is:  sleep.  I'm going to sleep, and sleep, and sleep.  I may just sleep the whole weekend away.  All three days of it.

Realistically, the plan is to finish stripping my mantle.   I found my extension cord, so I can finally get those spots back in the corner.  I also took some advice and returned the stain/polyurethane combo back and got the separate stuff.  I like this color of stain better anyway.


I got the pre-stain conditioner, too.  Yes, it may not be necessary, but since the wood is old, and has been painted more than once, I figured it wouldn't hurt to apply it.  You can see how pretty the grain of my wood is. I think it's going to look great.

Speaking of my house, it's been one year ago today that we closed on it.  A couple of weeks ago, a guy at work asked me if I had it the way I wanted it.  I know it shouldn't have, but his question irked me.  Why in the world would he think I'm made of money when he works at the same place I do?  It's slowly coming along, but it'll be a long time before I get it the way I want it.

First thing I need to do is call that guy back about cutting down that tree.  I meant to do it Monday. Then I meant to do it Tuesday.  Then I meant to do it today.  Now, I'm meaning to do it tomorrow.

Did I ever mention that I have telephone issues?

Let's move on to a more pleasant subject, knitting.  I still haven't found my size 7 DPNs, so I broke down and ordered a new set.  On this hat, I'm about to the point I need to switch to said DPNs.  


So, while waiting for said needles to arrive, I decided to cast on with the last of my neon yarn colors.
 

I just have to decide on a pattern...

Look!  I've been practicing with my dip pen.


It's betting better.  Nifty how even my manky handwriting instantly looks better when written with a dip pen.

When I get good, I'm going to invest in a really good quality fountain pen.  I've wanted one for ages, I just haven't wanted to spend the money.

My birthday is in November.  Just thought I'd throw that out there.









No comments: