Friday, August 19, 2016

Words

I spent all day at work yesterday, mentally composing last night's blog post.  Oh, it was a beautiful post.  It was eloquent.  It was flowing.  It would have made you laugh.  It would have made you cry. It would have moved you.  I couldn't wait to get home and post it.

After a long, tiring day that seemed to last forever and had me singing songs about days that never end, they just go on and on my friend*, I rushed home and fired up the old PC.

And got the dreaded message:  We're updating your PC.  Please don't turn off your computer.  Under that in smaller letters:  This may take a while.

Sigh...

I turned on my Fire Stick and watched Piano Guys videos.  Checked the computer.  Nope, not done yet.

I watched Graham Norton clips.  Checked the computer.  Nope, not done yet.

I watched Olympics.  I knit on my latest hat.  I took a shower...Nope.  Not done yet.

Two hours later...yep, two hours later, the computer was finally done updating.  By that time, I was tired, frustrated, and ready for bed. So that's why, instead of eloquence, you got "Wut r werds?"

Today was a much better day.  My work day was not as long nor as frustrating as yesterday.  Then I went to the store, and look what I found!


And look what else I found!


I don't care what the calendar says, when the candy corn hits the stores, it's Fall.

On the way out, I found this 'Merica candy.  Because 'Merica, that's why.


But I didn't buy it.

Because $9 a bag, that's why.


*This is the day that never ends
It just goes on and on my friends
Some people started living it, not knowing what it was
They'll continue living it forever just because
This is the day that never ends
It just goes on and on my friends.

And now you've got that song stuck in your head.

You're welcome.

No comments: