Thursday, August 04, 2016

Can't Help

According to this Facebook quiz I did yesterday, I'm supposed to find my soulmate and fall in love this month.  I can't help but laugh at that.  Somehow, I think if I had a soulmate out there, he'd have shown up by now.

Still, it somehow seemed too much of a coincidence when this song ended up in my random music videos that I was watching on YouTube.




I needed that after the typical Thor's Day mayhem at work.  Funny how it always seems to hit hardest on Thursdays.  Not only am I still flying solo -- the other brazer's child being back in the hospital and all -- but we had to skip a couple orders due to various reasons.  The line set those parts in the floor, then they came to me and asked where the next order is.  Um, yeah, I'm fixing to start working on it.

I was brazing as fast as I could, and the young man getting the parts was feeling them, to try to see which ones were cool.  I finally told him, "They're all hot.  You might as well just grab them."

Eventually, I did get caught up and far enough ahead that I didn't have to say late, thanks in a large part to some other components -- that I was not responsible for -- being wrong and having to be redone.  I was seriously thinking of calling in tomorrow, but Supervisor Mike stopped me as I was heading out the door.

"I'm still fighting to get you some help over there.  It's not fair for them to wear one person down all the time like that."

It's been three weeks already, so yeah, I'm not holding my breath on that.

After all that, I get home to find a nice little pile of cat puke on the floor.  I changed clothes, and sat down to cool off a minute.  Maybe 15 minutes later, I got up to take care of said cat puke, and to my surprise, a kindly canine had already cleaned it up for me.  Neither one will confess to doing it.

I guess it's one of those Pay It Forward things.


No comments: