Sunday, August 28, 2016

Bonus!

I don't usually post on Sundays, but today you get a bonus.  This is the post I was planning on posting Friday, but didn't.

You know these coworkers I've been posting about here lately?  It appears I'm not the only one who has noticed them.  After work, we had one of those Come To Jesus meetings that never seem to work, because the ones causing problems never see themselves as the problem.  Seriously.  A few years ago, after a similar meeting, the biggest no-load in the plant asked me why they have to talk to all of us.  Why don't they just go directly to the ones that are the problem and talk to them.  The entire meeting was directed at her, but she didn't see it.

Anyway, that lasted about half an hour.  Then I went by the human resources department to find out why I hadn't gotten my attendance bonus for July.  It was my jury duty that delayed it.  They don't take the absence off until you bring in the paper from the county clerk proving that you really did have jury duty and weren't just saying that to take a free day off and go fishing.  My jury duty was July 25, but I didn't receive the paper until this past Monday.  They took my absence off, and my bonus should be on the paycheck for the week we just finished.

After that, I had to go to the store and pick up my few little things I needed, and by the time I got home, I just didn't feel like writing a post.

I was going to show you the new stuffs I got from work.  They handed out gift cards for gas, Sonic, and a free milkshake.


Also, they gave us some ice packs


some Gatorade


and some kind of cooling cloth.


And it all came in a new knitting bag!


While I was at the store, I picked me up a dip pen set and some ink.


It's not the best quality, but it'll do until I can afford something better.  I've already practiced with it.  I did OK with the smallest nib, but smeared the bigger nibs a bit.  When I was writing with it, I found to my dismay, that I couldn't remember how to make all my cursive letters!  Particularly the capital letters that I never did correctly anyway.

Finally, when your tools start falling out of the bottom of your bag, it's time to get a new one.



No comments: