Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Strange Things

Strange things just seem to happen to me.

Take last night, for example.  I got up in the middle of the night to answer nature.  Now, let me clarify one thing.  There is not a man in this house.  On the rare occasions that there is a man in this house -- like when my son comes to visit -- he uses the hall bathroom.  He does not use my bathroom.  Even so, he was not here last night.

That makes it all the more mysterious that when I get up to answer nature at 2:00 AM, I sit on the toilet and discover -- yes, the hard way-- that the seat is up.  How did the seat get up????  It was not up when I sat on it before going to bed, and I certainly didn't put it up, so how did it get that way? Weird things, I tell you.

I survived my near mishap on the toilet and go to work.  Not at 2 AM, but ...well, you get it.  I go to work. Yes, it was another one of those days.   I'm really getting tired of this, you know.  Someone is surely testing my fortitude out there.

In a vain attempt to lighten the mood, I take this cartoon in and hang it up.



Nobody gets it.   Seriously.  Nobody gets the joke.  I didn't think it was that difficult.  I'm in a relationship with my air conditioner.  I named him BRAD.  I love BRAD.  However, unlike the girl in the car insurance commercial, I have no plans on totaling BRAD.

Note to self:  In the future, take simpler, less subtle forms of humor to work.

Now, if you will excuse me, I'm going to cast on a hat and restore order to my world.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like your man ghost that doesnt put the toilet seat down has heard about Brad...

Unknown said...

Sounds like your man ghost that doesnt put the toilet seat down has heard about Brad...