Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Unappreciative Children

Before I left work today, my friend Edna introduced her son to me.  She said, "His name is Cody, too.  When you write your blog post tonight, mention something about unappreciative children."

I'm going to find that difficult, because I don't have any perspective on the topic.  Take, for example, last Thanksgiving, when my Cody was home from college.  I asked him what he wanted for Christmas.  His response was, "Nothing."

I said, "Oh, surely there's something you want."

He said, "Mom, I saw how much you had to pay for my college this semester.  You've done enough."
*Snifffff*

He's always been that way, even when we were going through the difficult teenage years.  He made me a Mother's Day card.  Let me rephrase that.  He hand drew me a Mother's Day card and on the inside wrote:  Even though I don't say it, I love you and appreciate everything you do for me.

*Snifffffffff*

He's a better person that I am, I tell ya.  (Not sure where he got it.  The Grace of God is the only thing I can come up with.)

So, yeah, I don't think I'm going to be able to cover that topic too well.

Let's move on to something I can cover.

Now that the Olympics are over  -- not that I got to see much of them thanks to NBC's usual sucktastic coverage-- I can get back to my needlework.  Oh, I got to see plenty of heats and prelims, but very few medal events.  I'd hoped that since they took place in the same hemisphere, NBC would do a better job of showing medal rounds, but no....

Enough about that.  Back to the needlework.  I got one more Dinosaurnament finished.


That makes two.


I made some progress on the latest hat, too.


Just another inch and I'll be ready to do the decrease rounds.  I've made this hat pattern before, and for some reason, I always mess up doing the decreases.  It's not noticeable or anything, but I know it's there.

This is the Hurricane Hat pattern, just in case you were wondering.

No comments: