Monday, November 16, 2015

Weekend Wrapup

I'd checked out a movie from the church library, and was thinking I needed to get around to watching it, since it was due yesterday.  Saturday morning, I put it in and sat down to watch.  I got about 10 or so minutes into the movie and realized I had no clue what was going on.  I started over, telling myself I'd pay attention this time.  I got to the same point I was before, and still had no idea what was happening.

About that time, James called me up and said, "I can't sleep.  Let's go get you a new door for your bathroom."

Off to Batesville we went.  We got there and found the doors with framing and picked one out.  Then we wandered around the store for a bit so he could pick out a space heater for their den.  They already got rid of their wood pile, and without a fire, their den gets pretty chilly.

While he was picking out a heater, I found me a log rack. 

It's got a removable canvas thing so I can go out back and carry wood inside in it.  I also bought a poker and a little ash shovel. 

The didn't have any little brooms.  They had a set -- poker, shovel, broom, and stand -- but they were so small I didn't want to get it.  I mean, the broom was about the size of a paintbrush.  Nevertheless, I have a poker now.  I no longer have to use a broken curtain rod to poke my fire.

Speaking of fire, Saturday and Sunday morning both, I got up and managed to get a fire started the first try.  Over the course of the weekend, I got about 8 more logs split.  Not at the same time, but I got them done.  Another thing I learned Sunday afternoon is why our foremothers kept their hair in a bun.  Do you have any idea how annoying it is to try to swing an ax with your hair flying in your face?  Yeah...Anyway, I split two more after work today.  I figure if I do two or three a day -- and more on the weekends, I'll get that pile burnable by next winter. 

If you've read my blog for any length of time, certainly you've seen me post Christmas photos.  If you've seen Christmas photos, you've seen pictures of Beverly and James' tree.  Like this photo here that I took last year.

They decided that they just didn't like that tree any more, and they were going to get a new one.  They offered this one to me, so I posted my old trees in a local free-bees group.  Sunday afternoon, I met the person who wanted them at Wal-mart to hand them over to her.

Since I was there, I went into the store to get a new shower curtain for my bathroom.  The old one I had was starting to tear up.  No wonder, I bought it when we first moved into the trailer house in 2006.  After picking one out -- it still has dolphins on it, though I debated for a long time whether to get dolphins or a beach scene  -- I wandered over to the curtains and drapes section to see what they had.  I still don't have anything on any of my windows except the one in my bedroom.

I found something I liked for my living room.  It'll go nicely with the colors I'm planning to paint it.

They only had one panel in stock, so I came home and ordered three more online.  They should be here by Friday. 

Slowly, but surely, I'm making this house mine.  

No comments:


Related Posts with Thumbnails