Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Thanksgiving Week -- Tuesday

Thanksgiving is the day after tomorrow, and as you might guess, I'm very excited about it.  This is my first Thanksgiving in my new house.  As you might be able to guess, that is my moment of thankfulness for today.



I'm so thankful for this house.  It's close to work, close to church, and I've got really good neighbors.  I know it may seem a small thing to some of you, but I've got a car port!  No more slopping through the rain and mud to get to my car.  Woo hoo!!


Speaking of my house, last week when we were at Lowe's I found the flooring I want to put down when I get around to replacing the floor.   Here it is:


That reminds me of something else about this house I'm thankful for:  vinyl flooring.  It makes it so much easier to clean up the cat's urf.  No more scrubbing puke out of carpets.  Just wipe it up!  It'll be the same when Rylea goes through one of her spells with her stomach and has diarrhea all over the place.  Much easier to clean it up off of a vinyl floor than scrubbing it out of carpet.  It's the little things...


After work, I ran into town to pay my house note because I was afraid I'd forget to what with the holiday coming up and all.  Since I was in town already, I stopped by the store to pick up some cat food and a few more things for Thanksgiving dinner.

I've got some bananas that are just about right for banana bread, but I didn't have any bread pans.  While I was picking them up, I found these cute little mini loaf pans.


I have absolutely no need for them, but they were so cute I couldn't resist.  Oh, I'll find something to bake in them, never you fear about that. 

I finally made it home to see that my birthday present had arrived. 


If you're a browncoat, you'll understand. 


No comments: