Sunday, November 15, 2015

Ten Years


It was ten years ago today, I dipped a tentative toe into the blog world with this post:



I've only been drawing a short time--less than a year. In order to improve my sketching skill, I decided to try to do a quick sketch every day. This is the first of my five minute sketches. It is of my cat Squeaky, drawn as she sat staring into that place only cats can see.

I hope, as time goes by, that I can see an improvement in my sketches, but these first ones wll look pretty rough.

The title of my blog is Sketches and More--the and more refers to my other hobbies, karate and knitting. More about that later...








On the one hand, it's hard to believe it's been a decade.  On the other hand, it seems like it was just yesterday that I started this online journey.  It's been quite a ride, but I've enjoyed every minute of it.  Most of you reading today, I didn't even know back then, but I'm so glad you're here now. 

Thank you for sharing this part of my life with me. 

I hope you'll stick around for the next ten years.

No comments: