Last month, I cast on a second Through The Woods beret, because I liked the first one so much. I got the ribbing done, then it got set aside for other projects.
Well, Saturday, I picked it back up again.
I have a co-worker who is so sweet. Several years ago, she got very sick and missed a lot of work. Ever since then, her hair has been thin and patchy. During the wintertime, she wears a lot of hats, and I though this beret would be a nice Christmas gift for her.
I knit on it all weekend, and got about 2 inches from being finished...
and ran out of yarn. Bleh...
So, I ripped it all out and started over. Only this time, I did things just a little different. The pattern calls for 2 inches of ribbing, and I thought if I cut back on the ribbing, I could get the hat done with the yarn I have. I used a provisional cast on, then knit about 4 rounds of ribbing, just to get the pattern established. Then I went straight into the body of the hat.
When I'm done, I'll remove the waste yarn (that bright blue bit at the bottom), attach the yarn, and knit ribbing until I run out.
I'll let you know how it goes.
In other news, I've had a bit of a restless leg lately. I've done some research, and one common thread is that it can be caused by an iron deficiency. Since it didn't start until after I'd had my little two month long bleeding spell, I'm wondering if that's what is causing it. They checked my hemoglobin and said it was OK, but still...
I went and checked my multi-vitamin, and what do you know, it doesn't have iron in it. I picked some up today, and we'll see if that helps.
Meanwhile, Squeaky is busy keeping my chair warm.