Friday, November 04, 2011

And So It Begins

The annual holiday gluttony has begun:


All the Christmas candy was out, and you know how they say you should never go shopping when you're hungry?  Yeah.  Trust them on that one.  I think I did well only bring home these two.

Um, and these.


Best of all, they are egg free!  On the other hand, maybe it would be better if they weren't...

Yes, that is decaffeinated coffee peeking out from behind them.  Seems I really, really like the Coffeemate Egg Nog Latte creamer, and was really wanting to drink more than one cup of coffee per day.  Speaking of, it tastes just like real egg nog, but is egg-free.  Seems if they can do that, they can make a decent tasting fake nog.  Apparently not.   But I digress...

Too much caffeine aggravates my Supra ventricular tachycardia-- not to mention keeps me up at night.  And makes me twitch.  Thus, decaffeinated coffee. I'm stocking up on that creamer, too.  And wondering what I was thinking being so determined to drink my coffee black.  You know, I just might make myself into a coffee drinker yet. 

Um, moving right along.

Second Lorna's Laces hat has been finished.  




The only thing is, when I washed them before blocking them the water turned really blue.  I hope they don't fade when the soldier/sailor washes them.  I'll be sure to put on the label to wash them separately for a while.

I also cast on a second Through The Woods beret. 


I don't remember which brand of yarn this is, but the colorway name is favorite jeans.  I bought it at Hank's about a year ago, and already made one hat out of it.  I think this pattern will go really well in this yarn.  I just hope I have enough left to finish it.

My Christmas Cactus is going to be a riot of color this year. 


It has bloomed well these last couple of years, but I don't think I've ever seen quite this many buds on it.


I can't wait until they begin opening.




And today's parting shot:


Children, and sometimes not-so-innocent almost 47 year old single women.

No comments: