Tuesday, December 06, 2011

More Of The Best Laid Plans

Today was the day for our annual Christmas parade, but due to the rough weather, they have postponed it to next week.  I'd taken half a day of vacation, since the parade starts at 3:30.  I was bummed because normally you have to give 24 hour notice to put in for or cancel a vacation day.  But I explained to my supervisor what had happened and he said that I could change it. 

So, next week will be the parade, and accompanying it, my annual Christmas parade rant.  Don't get me started...

Jesse has a bald spot on his neck.  He had something really gooey and stinky in his fur.  I tried to wash it out, but it seemed to be water insoluble.  So I cut his hair off.  It'll grow back.  I never did figure out what this stinky stuff was, but it was rank. 

I was working away at my brazing stand, and Former Group Leader Rod came up behind me and said that he was going to go have him some pork jowls and chitlins.  Then he looked at me and said, "That's black people food."  And I looked right back at him and said, "And black people can keep it!" 

So, I came home and made soup.

No comments: