Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Caught Up

I declared this to be catch up on the blog day, and I think I have finally done it!  All my half finished posts finally got...well, finished.  And posted. 

It was not without incident, however.  Blogger decided it didn't want to upload any of my photos.  In the end, I had to make do with a combination of Webshots and Flicker.  But we got it done, and now, I'm plumb tuckered.

Yesterday, I called the vet.  See, Jesse has heartworms.  He's had them since before I got him, and that's one of the things I want to make sure to take care of.  I took him in to the vet a couple of months ago for his pre-treatment bloodwork and antibiotics.  The vet said that they were out of the medication, and to call back before starting him on  his antibiotics.

I waited a few weeks, then I called them.  They had the medication, and said they'd put Jesse's name on some, and said that it was OK to go ahead and start his antibiotics.  And that's what I did. 

He finished the last of his antibiotics Monday, and yesterday I called back to make an appointment to get his treatment done.  After leaving me on hold for about half an hour (after not returning my first call like they said they would) the receptionist finally came back and said that they said that they were out of the heartworm medication and weren't expecting to get any more in for a couple of weeks.

I went off. 

They had told me that they were going reserve some for Jesse, and why would they be out?  It wasn't like I'd just started his antibiotics on a whim.  I'd called them.  They said they'd hold the medication for me.  I was livid.  The receptionist put Dr. Reese on the phone, and she mumbled about and said she didn't know anything about it-- about putting Jesse's name on it, and mumbled some more and backtracked and said one of the other vets had come in from a camping trip and some of their stock disappeared and someone had used some without anyone knowing about it, blah blah blah...

Anyway, she said that my name is now at the very top of the list, and that they'll call me as soon as they get some in. 

I promise you, if they weren't the only vets in town...

The good news is, Jesse has finally started hanging out in the living room with us. 

The bad news is, he is still afraid of the camera.  One day, you'll get a good photo of him.

Today is not that day.

No comments: