Monday, May 02, 2011

Music Monday



I know it's been a while since I've done a Music Monday, but this week, this song hits home.  Every time I hear it, I think of the Tornado victims throughout the South.  I also think how lucky, how blessed I have been that I, and my friends and family, escaped unharmed.  Still, the need is very great.

I have friends in Tuscaloosa.  I have family in Birmingham.  I have friends in North Mississippi, and East Mississippi, and Georgia.  They are all OK, but there are so many who have lost everything-- and more than 300 who lost their lives. 

One of the 150+ tornadoes touched down just a few miles from my house.  It hit close to home in more ways than one.

Please consider making a donation to the charity of your choice.  The Pioneer Woman is having a contest of sorts on her blog.  For every comment, she will donate a quarter to Tornado relief.  At the end of the week, she will choose 4 comments at random and donate $500 to the commenter's charity of choice.

Naturally, I can't afford to do that, but I can do this.  Make a donation to the charity of your choice, and it doesn't have to be money.  Our church is taking up clothes and bottled water to send down to Tuscaloosa.  If you know of an organization that is doing something similar, that is great.  Anyway, make a donation of your choice --any amount-- then leave a comment on this post (NOT on FB please).  Next Friday May 13th, I will draw one name at random to receive one hank of my new Cherry Tree Hill Sockittome Select sock yarn. 


Let's let these people know that we will stand by them. 

That we won't let go.

No comments: